To all of the unfortunate artists that missed out on a Grammy this year – don’t worry! Here’s the next best thing…
It’s the time of year when the team here at BrightByte each pick their 5 favourite albums of the last 12 months, resulting in some mind-numbing contemplation and a fair amount of reshuffling.
Without doubt 2015 has been an amazing year for music and I think it’s fair too say we’ve all struggled in picking just 5 albums to make our cut. (Let’s hope we made the right choices!)
Last year Joe wonderfully introduced himself, Andre, Matt & Mitch, and their albums of 2014. 1 year later, we have 3 new members of the team to introduce; Connor, Kirsty and (most importantly) the Sonos sound system that has increased our music consumption 10 fold!
So without further ado, here are BrightByte Studio’s albums of 2015:
1) Bjork – Vulnicura
2) Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Multi-Love
3) Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly
4) Beach House – Depression Cherry
5) Julia Holter – Have You In My Wilderness
1) SOAK – Before We Forgot How To Dream
2) Tobias Jesso Jr – Goon
3) Coldplay – A Head Full Of Dreams
4) Adele – 25
5) James Bay – Chaos and the Calm
1) Tobias Jesso Jr – Goon
2) The Staves – If I Was
3) EL VY – Return To The Moon
4) Villagers – Darling Arithmetic
5) Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell
1) Death Cab For Cutie – Kitsnugi
2) Richie Campbell – In The 876
3) City & Colour -If I Should Go Before You
4) Alabama Shakes – Sound & Colour
5) Mumford & Sons – Wilder Mind
1) Kurt Vile – B’lieve I’m Goin Down
2) City & Colour – If I Should Go Before You
3) Death Cab For Cutie – Kitsnugi
4) Joanna Newsom – Divers
5) Beirut – No No No
1) Drenge – Undertow
2) The Maccabees – Marks to Prove It
3) Wolf Alice – My Love is Cool
4) Slaves – Are You Satisfied?
5) Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit
BrightByte’s Single of the Year 2015
As you’ve seen, we’ve all got fairly different tastes in music, so agreeing on our single of the year was no easy feet.
There were a few strong contenders for this prestigious award, including Father John Misty – Chateu Lobby
#4, Kurt Vile – Pretty Pimpin and Tobias Jesso Jr – Dream.
However one song takes the title… (Drum roll please).
Our Single of the Year 2015 is – Teenage Talk by St. Vincent!!
Congratulations Annie Clarke, we’ll send your award in the post.
Whose top 5 albums do you like the most? We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Also check out our Spotify playlist of 2015 below; it features our favourite songs from all of the albums above: